Always A Catch!
Recently, I watched Always A Catch! and I enjoyed the series quite a lot...
I really like strong female characters and Mimi definitely checks all the right boxes. Her family are apparently some sort of martial arts experts and Mimi has learned all of the secret moves. Mimi is also incredibly funny. One of my favorite scenes is where Mimi is explaining how she entertains her little brother and proceeds to make a number faces peek-a-boo style much to the delight of the person she is speaking to.
Of course, the scene where Mimi scolds a misinformed noble who accosted Mimi while insulting Mimi's friend was spectacular. Naturally, the aforementioned noble is rightfully chastised and later, just a bit smitten.
Later, Mimi has an opportunity to have tea with the queen and when Mimi senses an impending threat to the queen, Mimi leaps over the table, grabs the queen and kicks the table over to make a shield. Needless to say, Mimi left quite the impression on both the queen and the knights who should have been protecting the queen.
Overall, I enjoyed the series quite a lot and I've watched it several times. I give it a 4 out of 5. I would have given it a higher score, but, at the time of this writing, the series doesn't have a physical release here in the U.S.
Always A Catch! follows the exploits of Mimi, a princess, as she struggles to find a suitable husband. Mimi was essentially raised as a boy and trained to take on the mantle of being her family's head. But, when her mother gives birth to boy, Mimi finds herself trying to be more "lady-like" as she undertakes her new responsibilities which include marrying well.Born into a legendary ducal family, martial prodigy Maria “Mimi” Annovazzi loses her claim as heir and is suddenly ordered to marry into prestige. With no options left in her homeland, she transfers to a neighboring kingdom—only to be publicly dumped at graduation by a prince she’s never met over an engagement she didn’t even know she had! Will Maria be doomed to the life of a spinster?!
I really like strong female characters and Mimi definitely checks all the right boxes. Her family are apparently some sort of martial arts experts and Mimi has learned all of the secret moves. Mimi is also incredibly funny. One of my favorite scenes is where Mimi is explaining how she entertains her little brother and proceeds to make a number faces peek-a-boo style much to the delight of the person she is speaking to.
Of course, the scene where Mimi scolds a misinformed noble who accosted Mimi while insulting Mimi's friend was spectacular. Naturally, the aforementioned noble is rightfully chastised and later, just a bit smitten.
Later, Mimi has an opportunity to have tea with the queen and when Mimi senses an impending threat to the queen, Mimi leaps over the table, grabs the queen and kicks the table over to make a shield. Needless to say, Mimi left quite the impression on both the queen and the knights who should have been protecting the queen.
Overall, I enjoyed the series quite a lot and I've watched it several times. I give it a 4 out of 5. I would have given it a higher score, but, at the time of this writing, the series doesn't have a physical release here in the U.S.

Comments
Post a Comment
Note: Anonymous posts are allowed, but, all comments are subject to moderation by the content manager. Comments may be rejected, edited or deleted at the sole discretion of the content manager.