Navigation Placeholder

Boys Over Flowers...

Sometimes I'll see a nice cover and I'll just have to have it. Way back in the misty dawn of time, I picked up Boys Over Flowers aka Hana Yori Dango...
Volume 1
Declaration of War!

Tsukushi is an average teenager who goes to a prestigious, elite high school. But after a run-in with the richest, most influential kids at school, will Tsukushi be put back in her place - on the wrong side of the tracks? Being chased by handsome guys has never been so grueling!

Volume 2
Cinderella for a Night

As Tsukushi grows fonder of Rui - Shizuka, Rui's first love, returns to Paris! Although her beauty intimidates Tsukushi, Shizuka helps her to become the prettiest girl at Tsukasa's yacht party. But, instead of getting closer to Rui, Tsukushi gets closer to Tsukasa by mistake!

Volume 3
Love Beyond the Horizon

Tsukushi gets invited to Shizuka's birthday party. On top of being overwhelmed by the appearance of celebrities and gourmet hors d'oeuvres, she hears shocking news - Shizuka is going back to Paris, never to return. Tsukushi wonders - what will Rui Hanazawa do?

Volume 4
Please Believe Me!

After a date in the snow, the whole school thinks that Tsukushi and Tsukasa are an item. Now everybody respects Tsukushi as Tsukasa's girlfriend!

Just as life seems to get better at Eitoku High, Tsukushi meets Rui-look-a-like, Thomas. Before she knows it, everybody sees a picture with Tsukushi and Thomas - in bed!

Volume 5
Be Still My Beating Heart

Tsukushi never expected a confession of love from Tsukasa. As her feelings slowly turn towards him, Rui suddenly comes back from Paris with a different attitude - flirting with everyone! Not knowing what is going on in Rui's mind, Tsukushi's heart wavers...
Follow the exploits of Tsukushi, an average teen with, more or less, average teen problems. This is a typical "slice of life" drama. There are no giant robots, whole cities are not reduced to rubble and certainly no tentacled beasties can be found waiting to ravage nubile young women. Ordinarily, "slice of life" dramas aren't something that I would go out of my way to have, but, Tsukushi spoke to me and said: "buy me". So, I did. The thing that attracted me to this title though, was the angry expression on Tsukushi's face on the cover of the first volume. Sometimes I'll see a nice cover and I'll just have to have it. Occasionally, that will be enough to get me interested in a series that I might not pick up otherwise. In this case, though, it wasn't. I lost interest in this series and ended up giving Boys Over Flowers a 2 out of 5.