Navigation Placeholder

Jane and the Dragon...

After more time than I'd care to admit, I've finally completed gathering all 26 episodes of Jane and the Dragon and added them to the archive.

According to Wikipedia...
Jane and the Dragon is a CGI animated series based on the books of the same name by Martin Baynton. The show is directed by Mike Fallows and motion capture directed by Peter Salmon; it is co-produced by Weta Workshop (as Weta Productions) in New Zealand and Nelvana Limited in Canada. The series follows the comedic exploits of Jane, an adolescent girl training to be a knight, and her friend, Dragon, a talking, flying, 300-year-old, fire-breathing dragon. According to the backstory explained in the opening theme song, Jane was being trained to become a lady-in-waiting, but had always dreamed of becoming a knight. When the prince is kidnapped by a dragon, Jane sets out to slay the beast. When Jane brings the prince back, the king makes her a knight apprentice. Jane and the dragon end up becoming friends. Further details of this early adventure are never explained in the series.
I've always had a soft spot for dragons, so, Jane and the Dragon was sure to catch my eye. I first caught a few fleeting glimpses of the show about a year ago on one of the local TV stations that serve the Philadelphia area. Jane and the Dragon is animated using a combination of CGI and motion capture, and as a result, has a distinctive look and feel. I found myself drawn to the show and tried to track down an official release at my local video store. The official release includes the first five episodes. Unfortunately, my local video store didn't carry the official release, so, that's when I decided to painstakingly monitor local TV stations for re-broadcasts.

All right, I'll admit it took about four months to gather up all 26 of the episodes. And, another two months to edit out the commercials. After some experimenting, I found that although it was possible to cram thirteen episodes on one DVD, the picture quality degraded to such a degree as to be virtually unwatchable. So, I settled on a much more modest six and seven episodes per DVD. I found a suitable image on the web and the episode descriptions on Wikipedia and made up a nice DVD cover for my set.