Navigation Placeholder

Mr. Stain on Junk Alley (Ga-Ra-Ku-Ta)...

I picked up Mr. Stain on Junk Alley (Ga-Ra-Ku-Ta) because I happened to notice this big green cat's face staring back at me. I've always liked CG animation and I thought I might like Stain...
Mr. Stain on Junk Alley (Ga-Ra-Ku-Ta) is the story of a street-dwelling bum who has uncovered a twisted and bizarre world within Junk Alley, the back lot he calls home. Now with the help of an unpredictable feline and a group of extremely unusual friends, Stain digs himself into the most magical, hilarious and sometimes disturbing adventures imaginable.
Stain doesn't actually say anything. In fact, no one says anything. Stain is reminiscent of golden age animation like Tom and Jerry or Road Runner where the animators tell a complete story without a single word of dialogue. The CG effects are fairly simple, but, the animators have constructed a complete and believable world for Stain and his companions to live in. There are no naughty bits or gore. There is some violence, but, Stain's world is not a malevolent place. Even the gangsters are relatively benign. Stain is pure at heart and tries to do good, but, sometimes things just don't work out the way he would like.

I liked Stain from beginning to end and I particularly enjoyed the credits at the end of each episode. All of the characters are introduced at the end of each episode. I like the fact that even though there's no dialogue and we don't always know their names in advance, every character has a name. Also, there's a dance sequence where all of the characters in the series make an appearance. I found myself studying the dance sequences to identify which characters I have yet to meet. By far, my favorite characters are the Pylons. But, sadly, we don't get to see much of them in Stain. I gave Mr. Stain on Junk Alley (Ga-Ra-Ku-Ta) a 5 out of 5.