Navigation Placeholder

Porco Rosso...

Carl Macek, founder of Streamline Pictures and infamous for producing dubbed-only versions of certain Japanese titles, produced a dub of Porco Rosso several years ago for in-flight screening on Japan Airlines. But, this version was never released in the U.S. When Disney decided to release Porco Rosso, they created an all new dub...
Take flight with Porco Rosso, a valiant World War I flying ace! From tropical Adriatic settings to dazzling aerial maneuvers, this action-adventure from world renowned animator Hayao Miyazaki is full of humor, courage and chivalry.
True to form, there are no naughty bits. Despite the war setting, there is no bloodshed and no one dies. In fact, Porco goes out of his way not to kill. His sense of honor won't allow it. There's plenty of action though. And, the animation quality is excellent. Hayao Miyazaki's work is nothing short of amazing. My favorite scenes are the air battles. I enjoyed the entire production from beginning to end and I have no problems watching it over and over again. I never get tired of seeing it. I gave Porco Rosso a 5 out of 5.