Navigation Placeholder

Spicy City...

After revisiting Ralph Bakshi's version of Lord of the Rings, I decided to look into another Ralph Bakshi animation -- Spicy City. According to Wikipedia...
Spicy City was an animated television series which was created by Ralph Bakshi for HBO. The plot was described as a science fiction anthology series set in a futuristic city with a seamy side. Spicy City premiered in July 1997, beating South Park to television by over a month and becoming the first "adults only" cartoon series and lasted for one season which consisted of six episodes.
The series does exhibit some risque elements and it is certainly not suitable for the younger animation fans, but, even after more than a decade, the quality of the stories and the animation still manage to hold up reasonably well. I had a handful of episodes from the original HBO broadcast preserved in the archive and for the episodes that I didn't already have, YouTube came through for me, yet again. I would certainly purchase the series from a legitimate source, but, at this point, the series doesn't appear to be available on DVD from an authorized source. There appears to be an online source that is selling the series on DVD, but, I have my doubts about the online distributor.