Navigation Placeholder

Last Unicorn...

Recently, I took the opportunity to revisit the Last Unicorn...
In the Last Unicorn, humankind has stopped believing in the power of unicorns, and a fearsome, fiery red bull has driven all of them ...except one ...to the end of the earth. The Last Unicorn embarks on a perilous journey through an unknown land in an effort to save her brothers and sisters.
Last Unicorn OST CD
I picked up a VHS version sometime in the late '80s. In the early '90s, I tried for a number of years to track down the soundtrack using local sources to no avail. I picked up a handful of America's CDs hoping that one might contain some of the songs that I heard, but, no dice.
In the late '90s, I stumbled into the information super highway and discovered that there was a German CD available on, of all places, Amazon. The first thing I ever bought on-line was the soundtrack for the Last Unicorn. To be clear, the songs are in English, but, the CD was made in Germany. The Last Unicorn soundtrack CD has 15 tracks and I liked 9 tracks for a total of 60% which works out to a rating of 3 out of 4.

Most of the thousands of VHS and DVD titles in my collection are on shelves or in storage boxes. But, there are a handful of titles that I like to keep on hand and the Last Unicorn is one of those titles. My favorite character is King Haggard. My favorite scene occurs when Haggard confronts Amalthia and cautions her against denying herself.

The only edit that I'm aware of in the DVD version compared with the VHS version occurs when Molly meets the unicorn for the first time and expresses anger at the fact that the unicorn didn't come when Molly was "new". Molly's dialogue was edited slightly in the DVD version to remove the words "Damn you!" I gave the Last Unicorn a 5 out of 5. Since that initial release, there was a subsequent "Enchanted" release in which Molly's words were not edited.