Navigation Placeholder

Sin Sorority...

I watched Sin Sorority...
A plucky coed dreams of new friends and college glory days. Her dream becomes a raunchy reality when she's inducted into an erotic sorority. To become a member, she performs outrageous acts of debauchery as her sexy sisters instruct her in the arts of lust!
Getting this DVD to play was an adventure in itself. The DVD is encoded to play only on the NC-17 setting. My DVD player was set to NR and changing the setting required a password. It had been a number of years since I had purchased my DVD player and I had never set a password. So, I hoped that the password was set by the manufacturer and that the DVD manual might have the password or at least instruct me on how to clear the password. After several hours of sifting through boxes and boxes of papers, I found the DVD manual. Sure enough, the password had been set by the manufacturer and was noted in the manual.

Getting the password entered didn't actually solve the problem. The password only temporarily overrides the rating restriction. Every time the title track changes, for instance, when transitioning from the warning screen to the main menu, there is another password prompt. The DVD can still be played, but, sometimes subtitle and language settings would be lost if I used chapter skip or even fast-forward. To resolve the issues, I actually had to change the rating restriction in my DVD player's main setup menu. Doing this locks out all DVDs with other ratings (i.e.: R, PG, etc...). So, I have to remember to reset the rating option back to NR when I'm done.

For all the trouble this particular DVD caused me, it wasn't really worth the effort. There are, of course, the expected naughty bits. The scenes are fairly bland and certainly not worth all of the hassle that I had to go through. There is one particular girl-girl scene featured in previews for Sin Sorority that is the signature scene for the title. But, most, if not all of the rest of the feature, is thoroughly forgettable. Except, for the fact that the story is left unfinished. The story ends with our heroine on the run for her life, when she sees an ominous shadow approaching.

The animation quality is reasonable, given the subject matter. As for the story, what there is of it, is fairly weak. But, given the genre, expectations are not usually very high with regard to story telling. Overall, Sin Sorority doesn't live up to its hype and I gave it a 1 out of 5.