Navigation Placeholder

Jinki: Extend...

I picked up Jinki: Extend and promptly added it the the pile of unwatched anime. The pile of unwatched anime are titles that I paid good money to have in my collection, but, for one reason or another, have never actually been watched -- some of them haven't even been unwrapped.

In most cases, it's not that they are unloved or unappreciated. I'm from the old school of anime fandom which prefer subtitled anime over dubbed anime. In order to thoroughly enjoy reading my anime, I need to set aside some time without any interruptions or distractions and camp out in front of the TV for a while. As it happens, my life is complicated and hectic at times and I haven't had the opportunity to sit down and enjoy the anime that I have. As if that weren't bad enough, the anime industry doesn't seem inclined to wait around for me -- new titles are coming almost every week.

As a devout anime fan, I feel compelled to show my support for the U.S. anime industry in the only way that counts. So, over the years, as the anime comes in faster than I can watch it, the pile of unwatched anime has grown larger and larger. There are occasional marathon anime-watching sessions that have helped to keep the pile in check. But, at the moment, I have about 40 titles in the pile of unwatched anime.
In 13-year-old Aoba Tsuzaki's world, everything seems normal. An over-the-top modeling fanatic, she spends her days locked in her room, happily building plastic robots. But rumbling beneath the surface, an evil enemy of mankind (the Ancient Jinki) threatens to destroy the Earth. And when a cross-dressing kidnapper brings Aoba face-to-face with a real fighting machine, her robot dreams give way to frightening nightmares.

She is unwittingly recruited into Angel, an elite fighting force who not only pits its giant robots against the Ancient Jinki, but against an unseen evil that is working behind the scenes. Jinki:Extend is a world of explosive action, arresting intrigue, and battle-trained babes who are bent on revenge! Nothing is what it seems, and no one can be trusted. But one thing is for sure: she's in for a seriously wild ride!
I was drawn to the cover art on the Jinki: Extend box set and the story seemed like I might like it, so, I picked up the box set...