Navigation Placeholder

Heartwork...

I took to opportunity to watch Heartwork...
Yuu Asakura was a mild mannered university student - until he found a mysterious duffel bag with a gun and orders for an assassination. He was terrified at first, but when he held the smooth metal of the pistol in his hand he started to become someone else. Capable of anything, Yuu takes the assassination job and enters a world of nonstop sex, blood and guns.
The story was quite intriguing and fairly engaging. There's also a fair amount of blood in the series. More often than not, female characters end up being shot in the face during intimate moments.

Except for the parts where female characters find themselves on the wrong end of a gun, almost all of the H scenes are fairly conventional. The animation is a mix of traditional animation and CG backgrounds. The animation quality is noticeably poor in places. I was disappointed that Chief Morikawa, the character pictured on the cover box, doesn't actually have any H scenes.

Overall, the story in the first and second acts was good, but, went downhill in the third act. Although, blood is always a good thing, I was somewhat disappointed with Heartwork. I don't think that Heartwork was a complete waste of time, but, I also don't think I'll ever bother to watch it again. I gave Heartwork a 1 out of 5.