Navigation Placeholder

Sky Crawlers...

Today, I picked up Sky Crawlers...
In a world very similar to ours, there are children who do not age. They're known as "Kildren," and they're fighting a war. Against whom, and to what end is not important. One such boy, a young fighter pilot named Yuichi Kannami, arrives at his base out in the country, assigned to a small battalion. He's never met these people before, but soon finds himself in an alarmingly familiar routine, acting out relationships that seem predestined. Of course, this has all happened before.
Sky Crawlers seemed intriguing, so, it came home with me. A major selling point was that the feature was directed by Mamoru Oshii, the famed director behind the Patlabor and Ghost In The Shell movies. So, my expectations for Sky Crawlers were pretty high. Sky Crawlers is beautifully rendered using a mix of traditional and CG animation, but, overall I was a bit disappointed with the Sky Crawlers. I gave Sky Crawlers a 2 out of 5.