Navigation Placeholder

Rental Magica...

I picked up Rental Magica recently. I've heard good things about the series and as it happens, it also bears some similarity to another series that I enjoyed -- Phantom Quest Corp. (You-Gen-Kai-Sya).
Destroying supernatural monsters... Dispelling dark magic... It's all in a day's work for the mages of Astral! However, after the mysterious disappearance of the company president, they're left in a lurch. His son, Itsuki Iba, begrudgingly fills in, but Itsuki's unfamiliarity with magic could spell bad news for Astral - especially with their rival Goetia vying for the very same contracts. As the jobs grow ever more dangerous, they soon find that staying in business is the least of their worries.
I would like this series to succeed, but, the distributor -- Right Stuf -- has not had a very good track record with its releases in the past. Some releases, like Irresponsible Captain Tylor, I really, really enjoyed, while others, like Ai City, Godmars and Towards the Terra left me feeling a bit less than impressed.