Navigation Placeholder

Alma...

Late in December of last year, I happened to wander into one of my favorite anime hangouts and came across a post for Alma, by award-winning animation director, Rodrigo Blaas...

According to Wikipedia...


Alma is Rodrigo Blaas' first short film as a director. Originally from Spain, Rodrigo Blaas has worked in animation for more than ten years, in Spain and in the United States.

Seizing the possibility of directing his first independent short film, Rodrigo Blaas asked some of the best artists in their field to take part in this independent project: French animator Bolhem Bouchiba, character designer Carlos Grangel and Sergio Pablos, art director Alfonso Blaas, music composer Mastretta and sound designer Tom Myers.
I've seen Alma several times already and although it's not scary, Alma does exude an aura of creepiness. I like the animation and the story. I'd certainly purchase this title on DVD, but, it remains to be seen if it will be released on archival media. Regardless, I did take the time to add Alma to the archive. I would give Alma a 4 out of 5.