Navigation Placeholder

Angel's Anime Rating Guide Is Moving...

After seven years being hosted with Verizon and twelve years in existence, Angel's Anime Rating Guide (AARG) is moving much of it's content to Blogger. It'll take a while to move everything into my new accommodations and there will be some broken links during the transition.

This decision is being made, ironically, because I got a new PC. The new PC doesn't run all of my old software, including the custom-built web content management apps that I use to manage the web content. It's really not worth the effort to have the apps rebuilt and continuing to manage the site without the web content manager will prove very difficult. It'll be much easier to take the opportunity to rebuild a new site using the much more powerful features already available on Blogger.

Another advantage of the switch is that there will be much more room for me to grow. I'll have about 20 times the space I currently have for images and it's free. Also, I'll be able to manage the site from any location with Internet access.

Visitors to the site should now receive a 423 (Resource Locked) error message. All of the wallpapers and a small portion of the cover art have been moved to Blogger. The anime ratings and some of the commentary have also been moved to Blogger. But, a large chunk of the site has yet to be moved.

On the plus side, I've got the rating data stored in MS Access and I can run a query to produce the rating lists with links to the relavant pages (if available). I've also got a mechanism in place that will allow me to dynamically change (using a bit of javascript) the rating images as I change the layout of the site.