Navigation Placeholder

Howl's Moving Castle...

More than ten years ago, I picked up Howl's Moving Castle...
In Hayao Miyazaki's latest animated masterpiece, journey beyond imagination and enter a "breathtaking fantasy world" (Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times) filled with adventure, humor and heart. Sophie, a quiet girl working in a hat shop, finds her life thrown into turmoil when she is literally swept off her feet by a handsome but mysterious wizard named Howl. The vain and vengeful Witch of the Waste, jealous of their friendship, puts a spell on Sophie. In a life-changing adventure, Sophie climbs aboard Howl's magnificent flying castle and enters a magical world on a quest to break the spell.
I'm a fan of Hayao Miyazaki's work, but, not everything he produces is as entertaining as I might like. I have some vague recollections of Howl's Moving Castle. The animation is certainly top-notch and beautiful to look at, but, the story left me a bit bored. Ultimately, I gave Howl's Moving Castle a 2 out of 5.