Navigation Placeholder

Dragon Hunters...

A few days ago, I saw part of the Dragon Hunters movie on cable...
Get ready to hold your breath as you get whisked along an adventure to save the magical, floating, medieval, and breathtakingly beautiful world from an evil dragon. This impeccable animation tells the classic adventure of a band of eclectic characters focused on a single mission -- to save the world. Zoe dreams of joining valiant knights on exciting adventures, but because she is a girl the king has other plans in mind for her. A gentle giant, Lian-Chu, and his opportunistic friend, Gwizdo, call themselves Dragon Hunters, but seem to have an issue with getting paid. When Zoe sneaks out and accidentally meets the Dragon Hunters, she decides that they will be the ones to slay the dragon, and she also decides to join them.
Dragon Hunters looked pretty good in previews. After months of searching, a gently used DVD showed up at my local video store. The special features really aren't all that special, but, having the actual DVD allows me to access the closed captions and affords a better viewing experience as my previously archived recording had commercials running during the end credits. I like to loop the sequence from 50:26 to 52:55. It's a sad sequence, but, I like the sound of it playing in the background while I work.

Somehow, Dragon Hunters, managed to slip by without my noticing either previews for a theatrical release or even a DVD release. A quick trip to Wikipedia indicated that Dragon Hunters is a french production, so, perhaps it didn't get a wide release. For some reason that defies description, while the movie is difficult to come by, the TV series on which the movie is based, is readily available in my local video store.

I've always been fond of dragons and the World Gobbler in Dragon Hunters doesn't disappoint. The world depicted by the animators is certainly unique. It's full of fascinating floating objects and quirky and bizarre creatures. I found myself very much drawn into this magically unbelievable world and engrossed in the unfolding adventure. Overall, I would give Dragon Hunters a 4 out of 5.