Navigation Placeholder

Karneval...

Over the weekend, I picked up Karneval...
Circus is a super-powered security force of entertainers who keep villains off the streets by serving up justice with a side of razzle-dazzle. Despite their best efforts, a sinister organization named Kafka is gaining power throughout the world using grotesque monsters to carry out their plots. When Circus saves a mysterious boy from Kafka's grasp, the kid gets swept up in the crime-fighting spectacle - but why was Kafka after him in the first place?
Karneval was high up on the list of titles that I wanted to have. I had seen previews for Karneval and it looked really, really good. I guess that's what previews are supposed to do... I've finished watching Karneval. While Karneval, started out very well, the series seemed to lose a bit of momentum about two-thirds of the way through and I lost interest just before the climactic finish. While there is a decent amount of action in the series, the overall pace of the series is a bit slower than I would like. There is a small amount of red ink and very little gore. There are no naughty bits to speak of. I like the overall concept, but, I lost interest in the latter part of Karneval. Overall, although the series has some issues, I would still give Karneval a 3 out of 5.