Navigation Placeholder

Scavengers...

Over the weekend, I saw the animated short, Scavengers on Cartoon Network...

According to Creator's Vice...


Stranded on an strange planet, two surviving crew members of a colonial starship perform a series of bizarre rituals using alien flora and fauna in Joseph Bennett and Charles Huettner's short film, Scavengers. Each step in the mysterious ritual prompts more questions than the last, from... What are they doing?... to... How did they learn all this stuff?... and ending with... Will I ever understand this crazy world?
Scavengers tells the story of two colonists stranded on a remote planet as they perform a complicated series of interconnected tasks to achieve their goal. At the outset, the viewer does not know what the colonists are trying to do, but, by the end, there is a sense of accomplishment. At about eight minutes, the feature is fairly short, but, manages to tell a story in its own way, and does so, without any spoken dialogue. I enjoyed the feature enough that I added it to the archive. The activities in the feature are, at times, quite strange, but, in my humble opinion, I didn't see anything so outrageously inappropriate, that younger animation fans couldn't still appreciate Scavengers. Overall, I was very pleased with Scavengers and would give it a 4 out of 5.