Navigation Placeholder

Appleseed Ex Machina...

I picked up the Special Edition of Appleseed Ex Machina...
Deunan and Briareos are both partners and lovers. As members of ESWAT, the elite forces serving Olympus, they are deployed everywhere trouble strikes. The two fighters find their partnership tested in a new way by the arrival of Tereus, who uncannily resembles Briareos before the wartime injuries that led to his becoming a cyborg. At the same time, Olympus finds itself under a stealth attack. Cyborg terrorism, deadly nanotech zealots, and rioting citizens are just some of the threats that Deunan must contend with as she fights to save Olympus!
I've seen the previews and it looks like the character animation is MUCH better than the previous Appleseed movie. This, the second Appleseed movie, picks up the story where the first Appleseed movie left off and the character animation is MUCH better than the previous Appleseed movie. Although, the second Appleseed movie release in the series is a worthy addition, I still prefer the previous two entries to this newest entry.

I have the special edition DVD which included the music soundtrack and a nice metal case. I appreciate the updated visuals in the first movie, but, of the three productions, I still prefer the classic OVA. Overall, I gave the Appleseed series a 3 out of 5.