Navigation Placeholder

The Mighty B...

I spent about three hours today putting together a DVD of episodes of the Mighty B. Although, the world Bessie lives in can be a bit strange, I do like to visit from time to time. The show is funny, irreverent and quirky, but, at its core, the show is very sweet. My favorite episode is "Bee Patient" where we discover that Bessie, like many young people, has a fear of needles. I also like the rapport between Bessie and her dog, Happy and the fact that Bessie isn't afraid to pick her nose.

As I was finalizing the DVD, I discovered, to my pleasant surprise, that there's going to be an official DVD release. According to TV Shows on DVD, there should be an official release on February 24, 2009...
Nickelodeon and Paramount Home Entertainment will release The Mighty B! - We Got the Bee on February 24th. Besides getting an hour and a half of cartoon episodes on this disc, you'll also get a "Behind The Mighty B!" Featurette where you can meet the Creators and Cast of the show, a look at the Original Animatic of the episode "Bat Mitzvah Crashers", and also a "Running with the Rainbow Unicorn" Karaoke Music Video. Video is full frame, and audio is English Stereo.
I'll definitely purchase the official release when it becomes available. Depending on how much of an overlap between the episodes I already have on DVD and the episodes that will be available on the official release, I'll probably, also keep my DVD. As with other series like Josie and the Pussycats, Catscratch and the X's, that I've preserved on DVD, sometimes I'll take the time to repackage the official release in multi-disc DVD cases and include my own DVDs in the set.