Navigation Placeholder

Stopped by AnimEigo Recently...

AnimEigo is one of the pioneers of the American anime industry and is responsible for bringing such gems as Urusei Yatsura and Bubblegum Crisis to the U.S. I stopped by the AnimEigo site recently and got such a tickle out of their latest sale announcement, that I thought I'd share with you...
Would you believe it, 2009 marks our 20th year of operation. Ah, the good old days, when 45-minute OVAs on VHS tape sold for $40, and the fans were damn glad to be able to get them. Now you want them on DVD, you want liner notes, you want dubs as well as subtitles. Want, want, want... that's all we ever hear from you! What about our needs? What about the boats and sports cars all our employees deserve so very much? What about finally getting that corporate jet for Natsumi -- she'd settle for a small one, and they're cheap right now!

But Nooooooo! You keep insisting that we provide better products for lower prices! You keep insisting we "celebrate" our 20th year by giving you great deals on most of our titles! Don't you realize that unless we can charge higher prices, we'll have to let go essential staff members like the AnimEigo Fan-Girls -- those exceptional young women who ceaselessly labor to keep Bobby, Branson and Aaron cool as they labor under the hot Carolina sun to author DVDs for you?

No, you don't care. You don't care at all. And it just makes me depressed and tired. So tired, in fact, that I just can't bring myself to update the database and return our prices to their normal levels. I just don't have the energy. You're just going to have to put up with the incredibly low sale prices for a little longer.

I hope you can live with yourselves, you ingrates!
Now, if that doesn't inspire you to take your credit card out and order one of everything from the top shelf, I don't know what will. I am certainly one of the ingrates who spent $45 for the first episode of Bubblegum Crisis and I was damn glad to have it. Over the years I've probably spent close to $2,000 on AnimEigo's products. And, I'll keep coming back for more. Certainly, if, they ever renew their Spirit of Wonder license.