Navigation Placeholder

Thundarr the Barbarian...

Yesterday, after more work than I'd care to admit, I managed to complete my own collection of Thundarr the Barbarian...
Man's civilization is cast in ruin when a runaway planet speeds between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction. Two-thousand years later, Earth is reborn from the ashes with a savage landscape, strange creatures and a primitive sense of justice. But one man fights to spread peace throughout the land: he is Thundarr the Barbarian and you can own All 21 Exciting Adventures starring Thundarr and his companions Ookla the Mok and sorceress Princess Ariel. Using their strength, courage and wits plus Thundarr's magical Sunsword, they journey from village to village, liberating slaves and battling all kinds of beasts, mutants, wizards, thieves and robots. The future of Earth may be shrouded in darkness, but Thundarr the Barbarian bursts into action as a shining symbol of hope for humanity.
I had a handful of episodes preserved in the archives from the time when I still had VHS tapes, but, I felt it was time to complete my Thundarr collection while the series was still being broadcast at a convenient time on Cartoon Network. I painstakingly archived all of the episodes that I could get my hands on and assembled my own collection. Sure, I could have just bought the "Manufacture on Demand" (MOD) version from Amazon, but, where's the fun in that.

Despite its age and the passing of the prophesied end of man's civilization, the series has managed to hold up surprisingly well and is still quite entertaining. My favorite episodes are the two episodes where Gemini appears (The Black Pearl and Last Train to Doomsday) and of course, Mindok the Mind Menace.