Fan Expo - 2024...
There was a period of about four years when I wasn't on Blogger posting regularly. This post is back dated to the appropriate time frame, but, it's actually a new post with my brief recollections and a few photos.On Saturday May 4th, I went to Fan Expo here in Philly. The day was overcast and it was threatening to rain, but, that didn't keep the fans away. There were more people in attendance this year, it seemed to me, than in previous years. By this point, the layout seems pretty fixed, with the artists and dealers up front near the entrance and the area reserved for photo ops and meet and greet sessions in the back and concession stands strategically placed around the perimeter.
My main objective for today was to get my hands on a Power figure from Chainsaw Man. As usual, I spent a few hours scoping out the dealers and artists to map out which places to return to later. I would prefer to make my purchases later in the day. A standout dealer, at least for me was one selling slate tiles, painted black and etched with logos or character art. I picked up two of them, one with Skelator, the villain from Thundercats and the other of the Thundercats logo itself. I also picked up a handful of small metal prints. Space in my domain is at a premium and small items work best for me.
After a while, I found Power in her dress casual uniform with her shirt untucked, but, she has a tie, so, she's still meets the dress code for work. I also picked up Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion. This figure is posed flat, so, I put her in a shadow box. The reflections off the glass were a pain to deal with just to get a decent photo. I don't have one of those professional photography setups. Deal with it. Despite the overcast conditions outside, I had a good time inside. It was a good day.
Below is the recap video from Fan Expo 2024.




Comments
Post a Comment
Note: Anonymous posts are allowed, but, all comments are subject to moderation by the content manager. Comments may be rejected, edited or deleted at the sole discretion of the content manager.