Navigation Placeholder

Fan Expo - 2025...

On Saturday, May 17th, I attended Fan Expo 2025. Highlights of this year's festivities in Philadelphia included visits from:
  • William Shatner, Star Trek,
  • Mel Gibson, Lethal Weapon,
  • Christopher Lloyd, Back To The Future
There were, of course, many other people of note in attendance and a whole list of panels and other events included in the cost of admission if that was the sort of thing you were into. As usual my people decided to ditch me, so, I went by myself. During my travels of the convention floor, I saw the Ghostbusters vehicle as well as a handful of cosplay Ghostbusters in full uniforms with backpacks. There were also a couple of remote controlled R2D2's roving around the convention floor. That was fun to see.

The layout was the same this year, as in previous years. The artists and dealers were at the front of the convention hall, actors and other celebrities attending for photo ops were stationed at the back of the convention floor with concession stands around the edges. I wandered around the artists' alley and the dealers' area for a while taking in all of the happenings. This year, the main mission was to make sure Mom had a suitable souvenir from the event. For some reason that defies description, the pickings at the Fan Expo booth have been sorely lacking as far as appropriate Mom-worthy gifts were concerned.

After a while, I settled on some stone work  carved into the Superman logo as a suitable Mom-worthy gift. As for myself, I scored a Power figure from Chainsaw Man and  I finally found a Mari figure from Neon Genesis Evangelion. I've been on the lookout for Mari for a while. I wish my family was more willing to go. I spent most of the day there and headed home around 2:00pm. Overall, I had a great time.

Below is the recap video from Fan Expo 2025.
This post was back dated to account for the period of time I was away from Blogger.


Comments