Navigation Placeholder

Appleseed (Movie)...

Way back in the misty dawn of time, I picked up the VHS version of Appleseed...
Earth's last city, Olympus, rose from the ashes of a global war on the backs of Bioroids, artificial clones who make up half the city's population. Under the strict guidance of a supercomputer, humanity's last survivors enjoy an idyllic peace, but only on the surface! Human terrorists within the military seek a return to power and clash with the government's ESWAT forces led by the legendary soldier, Deunan Knute, and her boyfriend who is 75% machine. Retrieving the Appleseed will end the conflict, and Deunan alone holds its secret.
The Appleseed movie has some story elements similar to the OVA, but, with greatly improved animation. The animation style employed in the first movie is a bit unusual, in that vehicles and rooms look more "real" than the characters that occupy this world.

Appleseed Movie 1 OST CD
There's more back story in the movie compared with the original OVA, filling in the relationship between Deunan and Briareos and their lives before they came to Olympus. As in the original production, the multi-legged vehicles are the stars of the show and return in spades in the movie. The multi-legged vehicles look much better in the new animation than in the original.

I have the special edition DVD which included the music soundtrack and a nice metal case. I appreciate the updated visuals in the first movie, but, I still prefer the classic OVA. Overall, I gave the Appleseed movie a 3 out of 5. The Appleseed soundtrack CD, included with the first Appleseed movie, has 23 tracks on two discs and I liked 5 tracks for a total of 21.7% which works out to a rating of 2 out of 4.


Comments