Navigation Placeholder

Bartender: Glass Of God...

I had the opportunity to stream Bartender: Glass Of God...
At Eden Hall, each glass has a story. A quiet bar lies tucked away in the streets of Tokyo, and it seems only the most desperate souls burdened by their own troubles manage to find its doors. But after a glass of God poured by the brilliant bartender Ryu, they leave renewed. Ryu has a gift--he knows how to soothe the soul with the perfect drink. Who will he meet next?
I'm not usually taken to watching food-centered anime, so, imagine my surprise when I found myself watching Bartender: Glass Of God. In this series we follow Miwa, an executive at a fancy hotel, as she tries to convince Ryo, the local bartending savant, to work for her organization. The series plays like a cocktail-of-the-week with an accompaniment of story-telling. Obviously, there's no red ink and no naughty bits. I'm not sure why I sat through the series. I knew what I was getting into and if you're into bartending, alcohol or food in anime, then this might appeal -- it just wasn't my cup of beer. I gave Bartender: Glass Of God a 2 out of 5.

Comments