Navigation Placeholder

Fena: Pirate Princess...

I came across Fena: Pirate Princess and it looked interesting...
Fena Houtman remembers little about her childhood. Orphaned and raised as a servant in a brothel, her life changes when she escapes to an island of pirates where she discovers the truth behind her family. With Fena being the only one able to unlock her family's secrets, and a formidable crew of female pirates on her tail, she must take her place as captain of her Samurai crew for a high seas adventure!
Follow the exploits of Fena, our resident heroine, as she goes on an epic swashbuckling adventure across the globe, set in an era of tall sailing ships with pirates and skull-doggery. Fena, newly freed from a life in a brothel, finds herself in the clutches of a band of samurai pirates aboard a Nemo-class submarine. Another band of pirates, hired by a prince, are on the hunt for our heroine. Fena is apparently the only person who can find her family's lost treasure.

There's quite a bit of action in the series, starting with Fena's daring rescue from the brothel. There's some swordplay and even some gun fights. I was really impressed with a large battle between a pirate ship and the prince's heavily armed ship. Events escalate as Fena is captured, rescued and recaptured. All the while there are tantalizing clues as about the mysterious nature of the treasure. The series had me intrigued until about three-quarters of the way through. I have to say I was bit disappointed with the ending. The story took a direction I wasn't expecting and I felt a little underwhelmed at the end. So, I gave Fena: Pirate Princess a 2 out of 5.

Comments