Navigation Placeholder

Resident Evil (2026)...

Today, I went to see the latest incarnation of the Resident Evil franchise in the theater...
From the mind of visionary filmmaker Zach Cregger (Weapons, Barbarian) comes a thrilling -- and terrifying -- reinvention of the Resident Evil franchise. In an all-new story, Resident Evil follows Bryan (Austin Abrams), a medical courier who unwittingly finds himself in an action-packed, non-stop race for survival as one fateful, horrifying night collapses around him in chaos.
My niece and nephew took me all the way to New Jersey to see Resident Evil in their fancy theater. We had reclining seats, floors that were not sticky and snuck in McDonalds sandwiches to stretch the food budget. I've seen all of the other movie incarnations of the franchise and although this entry doesn't adhere very strongly with the video game cannon, it was a solid and entertaining entry. I cheated a bit and looked up some spoilers, so, I knew more or less what to expect, but, even with the warning, there were a few jump scares that got me pretty good. This outing follows the misadventures of Bryan, a medical courier who is tasked with delivering a vitally important package to Racoon City hospital. Cue the ominous music. It goes without saying that red syrup abounds in gory and gruesome detail. I enjoyed this latest incarnation of Resident Evil.

Comments