Navigation Placeholder

Evangelion 3.0+1.01: Thrice Upon A Time...

Of course, I had to finish off the series... Evangelion 3.0+1.01: Thrice Upon A Time...
The fourth and final installment of the Rebuild of Evangelion. Following NERV's failed attempt to retrieve the Spears of Longinus and carry out the Human Instrumentality Project, the destruction caused by the Fourth Impact has been largely averted. In a state of disarray, Shinji Ikari, Asuka Langley Shikinami, and Rei Ayanami travel to Village 3--a survivor settlement free from Earth's ruination. There, Shinji slowly comes to terms with his past, developing an entirely different life from his days as an Evangelion pilot. Meanwhile, NERV makes preparations to continue the Instrumentality Project by means of a new Impact. When WILLE's main aerial battleship arrives at the village, Shinji decides to board, believing that he can help by piloting an Evangelion. As new secrets are uncovered and a battle between WILLE and NERV approaches, the future of Earth hangs in the balance. Can Shinji save humanity and the rest of the world one last time?
According to HeadstrongWolf, a contributor to the EvaGeeks forum concerning the differences between 1.01 (Streaming version) and 1.11 (BD version):
I checked a few different rips of the Blu-ray version, and they all seem to have an issue with coloring, both the 1080p encode and the 2160p encode. The Amazon version has more saturated colors, but the Blu-ray, for some reason, has more faded coloring. This is very noticeable on anything that involves the color red, but isn't applied to just that color.
A contributor to the EvaGeeks forum, kuribo-04, responded:
I've seen similar comments on twitter. Could be a genuine artistic choice. But not sure... This Blu-ray took some time so I imagine they made sure it's perfect.
I couldn't stay away. Eye candy abounds as the epic showdown between NERV and WILLE comes to a conclusion. I was very pleased. I'm finally finished watching the whole thing. I actually saw this about 4 years ago, but, I took a break from posting and I'm just getting around to posting on this particular subject. Mari gets some nice scenes. She's definitely one of my favorite characters. In this outing, there's quite a lot of introspection and angst among the characters. Everybody seems to know, this is the last movie. Still, I had a good time.

Comments