From Bureaucrat To Villainess: Dad's Been Reincarnated!...
I had the opportunity to watch From Bureaucrat To Villainess: Dad's Been Reincarnated!...
I have a soft spot for older male lead characters in anime. As the main villain and a woman at that, Dad is clueless and out of his depth, but, as a good man with a kind heart he can work with what he's been given. Dad uses his ingenuity and life experience to make things happen. Dad spends some time fumbling around, trying to get his bearings, but, once he get going, no one can stop him. The twist in this series that elevates away from your more typical fare, is that Dad isn't in another world or trapped in some virtual reality gone wrong -- he's somehow in a video game that his daughter plays. And, once she realizes the connection, she and her Mom actively try to help her Dad in the game. I like that despite the situation he finds himself in, Dad never wavers from his convictions as a good person. And, I also like the loving relationship between Mom, Dad and daughter. There is no red ink or naughty bits. This is more of a situational comedy/drama. I had a good time with From Bureaucrat to Villainess: Dad's Been Reincarnated! and gave it a 4 out of 5.
Kenzaburo Tondabayashi was a loving husband and father until he was hit by a truck saving a young boy and woke to find himself in the world of his daughter's favorite videogame. Even weirder: he's now inexplicably Grace, the story's villainess! Of course, being a nice guy at heart, he has no idea how to be a mean girl and everything he tries only makes the plot deviate further from the one he's seen his daughter follow. But is that such a bad thing? It may be if he wants to finish the game's story properly so he can return to the real world in From Bureaucrat to Villainess: Dad's Been Reincarnated!
I have a soft spot for older male lead characters in anime. As the main villain and a woman at that, Dad is clueless and out of his depth, but, as a good man with a kind heart he can work with what he's been given. Dad uses his ingenuity and life experience to make things happen. Dad spends some time fumbling around, trying to get his bearings, but, once he get going, no one can stop him. The twist in this series that elevates away from your more typical fare, is that Dad isn't in another world or trapped in some virtual reality gone wrong -- he's somehow in a video game that his daughter plays. And, once she realizes the connection, she and her Mom actively try to help her Dad in the game. I like that despite the situation he finds himself in, Dad never wavers from his convictions as a good person. And, I also like the loving relationship between Mom, Dad and daughter. There is no red ink or naughty bits. This is more of a situational comedy/drama. I had a good time with From Bureaucrat to Villainess: Dad's Been Reincarnated! and gave it a 4 out of 5.
Comments
Post a Comment
Note: Anonymous posts are allowed, but, all comments are subject to moderation by the content manager. Comments may be rejected, edited or deleted at the sole discretion of the content manager.