Navigation Placeholder

I Parry Everything: What Do You Mean I'm The Strongest? I'm Not Even An Adventurer Yet!...

I saw I Parry Everything: What Do You Mean I'm The Strongest? I'm Not Even An Adventurer Yet!...
Sometimes, The Best Offense Is A Really Good Defense. (Especially When The Hero Isn't The Sharpest Sword In the Armory) Noor dreams of becoming an adventurer, but after 10 years of training, he still hasn't learned any of the required offensive techniques needed to achieve a base rank of Level E. However, what no one has realized is that while Noor's failed to master any attacks, all that practice has made him insanely good at deflecting and parrying! So, when an A-Rank Demon attacks the local Princess, Noor turns out to be the only one who can stop the monstrous Minotaur. which he mistakes for a really big cow. Welcome to heroism at the F-Rank end of the scale in I Parry Everything!
As a young boy, Noor goes to the various experts seeking training to use offensive magic, but, after being refused by everyone, he retreats to his home and begins practicing his defensive skills on his own. Noor spends years practicing alone and doing odd jobs in his spare time. When Noor gets older, he convinces the local adventurers' guild to give him the lowest rank -- F -- which is reserved for general labor and he continues to do odd jobs, but, now as an adventurer, even if it's in name only. One day, Noor intervenes when a princess finds herself in mortal danger and after his act of heroism, he promptly disappears before he can be thanked properly.

Sometime later, the princess tracks him down and convinces him to meet with her father. The king gives Noor an ancient artifact bearing the appearance of a long, flat overly wide and battered looking sword. Noor notes that the wide flat blade is just wide enough to clean out the drains that carry waste water out of the city. Noor has been told that he has no talent for so long, that his self esteem is very low. Even in the face of what he has accomplished, Noor always thinks less of himself and misinterprets his actions or the actions of those around him to his detriment. So, when the princess insists on being Noor's apprentice, he cannot fathom why she would do such a thing. Noor doesn't seem to realize that he is impressively strong, fast and able to block -- parry -- any type of attack.

Events take a turn for the worse as the kingdom where Noor lives comes under attack by the neighboring kingdom. The opposing king brings what is essentially a weapon of mass destruction, a dragon, to lead his offensive vanguard. The opposing king follows that with has army and a phalanx of heavy artillery. Noor's ability to misread the situation is legendary. There is some red ink early on, but, surprisingly, given the escalating scope of battle, there's not much red ink overall. There are no naughty bits to speak of. I enjoyed this series a lot and found it easy to watch and re-watch. I gave I Parry Everything: What Do You Mean I'm The Strongest? I'm Not Even An Adventurer Yet! a 5 out 5. I streamed the series first and bought it later.

Comments